Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another Andrew Weil recipe that's easy and healthy.
Make and share this Hot and Sour Greens recipe from Food.com.
- Wash and dry greens.
- Remove any tough stems.
- Slice stems used into 1/4 inch pieces and leaves into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Heat canola oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and pepper flakes. Stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add greens along with mustard. Stir to combine.
- Mix vinegar, soy, and sugar together and add to skillet. Toss.
- Cover skillet and cook for five more minutes.
This makes a very tasty vegan side dish. Due to "ingredient limitations", I used a sprinkle of cayenne for the pepper flakes, 1 tsp of dijon mustard for the mustard powder, and 2 tsp of maple syrup for the brown sugar. It is a great way to eat your greens!