Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another Andrew Weil recipe that's easy and healthy.
- 1 lb greens (bok choy, kale or collards)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- Wash and dry greens.
- Remove any tough stems.
- Slice stems used into 1/4 inch pieces and leaves into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Heat canola oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and pepper flakes. Stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add greens along with mustard. Stir to combine.
- Mix vinegar, soy, and sugar together and add to skillet. Toss.
- Cover skillet and cook for five more minutes.
This makes a very tasty vegan side dish. Due to "ingredient limitations", I used a sprinkle of cayenne for the pepper flakes, 1 tsp of dijon mustard for the mustard powder, and 2 tsp of maple syrup for the brown sugar. It is a great way to eat your greens!