Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
From 1001 Best Slow Cooker Recipes
Make and share this Hot and Sour Cabbage Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 3 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot chili oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- Combine broth, vegetables, garlic and ginger in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on high 3-4 hours.
- Combine remaining ingredients and stir into soup the last 2-3 minutes.
We had this last night with breezermom's Sesame Linguine. This is very good. I also did not use the slow cooker; I just simmered while I made the rest of the supper. Thanks for the recipe!
Tasty! I simmered on the stove for about 30 minutes instead of the crockpot, and substituted chili flakes for the chili oil. Great flavor, low cal and almost no fat.