A nice side dish for barbecues. From Bon Appetit.
Make and share this Hot and Smoky Baked Beans recipe from Food.com.
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups barbecue sauce, purchased
- 3⁄4 cup dark beer
- 1⁄4 cup light molasses
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar (packed)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons chipotle chiles, minced (4 to 6)
- 6 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans, drained
- fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Transfer to paper towels and drain. Transfer 2 1/2 tablespoons bacon drippings from skillet to large bowl. Finely chop bacon; add to bowl.
- Add onion and next 7 ingredients to bowl and whisk to blend. Whisk in 4 to 6 teaspoons chipotle chilies, depending on spiciness desired.
- Stir in beans. Transfer bean mixture to 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Bake uncovered until liquid bubbles and thickens slightly, about 1 hour. Cool 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
- Serves 8 to 10.