Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
From Betty Crocker -- always a hit! :) Yum! Sometimes I use strawberry jelly or apple jelly for a different sweet flavor. I usually cook mine in a dutch oven then transfer to a crock pot on the warm setting.
- Heat oven to 400°F
- Stir together all ingredients except chili sauce and jelly.
- Shape beef mixture into 1-inch meatballs.
- Place in ungreased retangular pan, 13x9x2 inches, or on rack in broiler pan.
- Bake uncovered about 20 minutes or until no longer pink in center and juice is clear.
- Heat chili sauce and jelly in Dutch oven over medium heat, stirring contantly, until jelly is melted. Stir in meatballs until coated.
- Simmer uncovered 30 minutes.
- Serve hot with toothpicks.
This is exactly the recipe I use, except I like a lot more sauce, so I use 2 lbs of grape jelly and 2 16oz bottles of chili sauce for this amount of meat. You can also substitute 2 large shallots for the onion if you want a subtler flavor.