Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
The jambalaya is good when freshly made, but actually is better several hours (or even a day) after it's cooked when all of the ingredients have "merged" into a wonderful and filling feast.
- 1 lb linked smoked sausage
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 bunch fresh green onion
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 2 cups rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh cooked black-eyed peas (optional)
- chopped parsley
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- Brown the sausage, drain the fat, and save the drippings.
- Sauté onions, bell pepper, and garlic in the drippings.
- Remove onion mixture from pan and brown the ground meat.
- Cook the rice according to directions.
- Mix all ingredients into large pot or kettle.
- Add black-eyed peas, parsley, and seasonings.
- Serve with Tabasco on the table.