Kat Wood's Note:
My best friend served this the first time they had us over for dinner. It's wonderful. Trout or turkey breast slices can be substituted for the chicken breasts. If there's leftover sauce, it's excellent on sandwiches.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups corn flakes, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon grated gingerroot, the kind in the jar works fine
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro, I never use because I don't like cilantro at all. (optional)
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds
Mango Chutney Sauce
- 1Combine all ingredients for Mango Chutney Sauce in a a mixing bowl and stir to blend. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Makes 1 1/3 cups.
- 2Preheat oven to 350.
- 3Beat eggs in a shallow bowl.
- 4Dip chicken breasts in egg then dredge in crushed corn flakes.
- 5Place butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add almonds, ginger, sambal sauce, cilantro if using, and sesame seeds. Cook until ingredients begin to sizzle. Reduce heat to low and place chicken breasts in pan on top of almond mixture and pressing down to be sure crunchy mixture adheres to chicken breasts. Cook 2 minutes. Slip a spatula under breasts and almond mixture. Remove breasts from pan, turning them over so crunch mixture is on top.
- 6Place breasts in baking dish and sprinkle with any crunch mixture left behind in skillet. Finish cooking in 350 oven for 10 minutes or until done (juice runs clear).
- 7Place chicken breast on cold sauce and then serve.
- 8This dinner is great with steamed rice and a salad.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot and Crunchy Chicken With Mango Chutney Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 609.3
- Calories from Fat 331
- Total Fat 36.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 204.7 mg
- Sodium 723.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 35.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sambal oelek chili paste