Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Got this off a 30 Minute Meal segment. I love the mix of flavors in this dish. This will last several days in the refrigerator. Cook time is chilling time.
- 8 ounces spaghetti, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup smooth peanut butter, heated in microwave for about 15 seconds to soften
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar or 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil (adjust to taste)
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce (can adjust to taste)
- 2 cups coleslaw mix, shredded
- 1 cup bean sprouts, any variety
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Cook pasta to al dente, then cold shock it to stop the cooking process by running it under cold water in colander.
- Drain the pasta very well.
- In the bottom of a large bowl, whisk together soy, peanut butter, vinegar, oil, sesame oil, and hot sauce. Adjust to taste.
- Add noodles and veggies and toss to combine the noodles and coat them evenly with sauce. Sprinkle scallions and sesame seeds throughout the salad.
- Tastes best if allowed to chill first.
It was......eh. "Sauce" was pasty. Was awful as per the recipe. Slightly improved with the addition of the brown sugar recommended by other reviewers. Will most definitely not be making this one again.
Hubby and I thought this was good. Neither of my children would eat it, but they are 1 and 2 and very picky these days, so I wouldn't really factor their opinion into the equation. Anyhow, I pretty much kept to the recipe, only I omitted the sprouts in hopes the kids would eat it (should have put them in since we like them and the kids didn't eat it anyway) and I also cut back on the hot sauce for the kids sake. I think next time I would like to add ginger to this. We ate it with egg rolls on the side. I ate leftovers for lunch today and it really does taste even better after sitting overnight. Thanks for posting the recipe.
I am forced to give this recipe 5 stars. I really didn't expect this to be so good! I didn't think I was ever going to find a recipe that combined peanut butter and spaghetti that I liked but this really is a keeper! The sauce is perfect - it coats well but isn't heavy. I took other reviewers advice and used 1 tbsp hot sauce and 1 tbsp brown sugar - other then that I made the sauce as directed. Only other change was slicing up cabbage myself (2 cups) and grated carrot (1/2 cup) Thanks for a great recipe!