This is a twist on the taco dip recipe that's been around for quite awhile, because this one has seasoned meat. If you enjoy taco dip, but have been wondering "Where's the Beef?", this one is for you. It is heartier and delicious. The hot/cold combination is great...as it is in most Mexican themed dishes. We have actually had this as a main dish for dinner and it disappears before my eyes whenever we have it at any gathering!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/2-3/4 cup taco sauce
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese or 2 cups Mexican blend cheese
- plain tortilla chips
- 1Fry ground beef over medium heat until no longer pink, drain fat.
- 2Add taco seasoning and water and simmer for 5 minutes, keep warm.
- 3In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese and sour cream until smooth.
- 4Spread on a serving platter or large pizza pan.
- 5Layer with meat mixture, lettuce, tomatoes and onions.
- 6Drizzle on taco sauce and sprinkle cheese on top.
- 7Serve immediately with tortilla chips.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot and Cold Taco Appetizer Dip
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 469.9
- Calories from Fat 340
- Total Fat 37.8 g
- Saturated Fat 19.8 g
- Cholesterol 134.2 mg
- Sodium 481.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 25.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: