Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a twist on the taco dip recipe that's been around for quite awhile, because this one has seasoned meat. If you enjoy taco dip, but have been wondering "Where's the Beef?", this one is for you. It is heartier and delicious. The hot/cold combination is great...as it is in most Mexican themed dishes. We have actually had this as a main dish for dinner and it disappears before my eyes whenever we have it at any gathering!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup taco sauce
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese or 2 cups Mexican blend cheese
- plain tortilla chips
- Fry ground beef over medium heat until no longer pink, drain fat.
- Add taco seasoning and water and simmer for 5 minutes, keep warm.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese and sour cream until smooth.
- Spread on a serving platter or large pizza pan.
- Layer with meat mixture, lettuce, tomatoes and onions.
- Drizzle on taco sauce and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips.
Thank you! We made this on a night that we needed to use defrosted ground beef. Didn't expect it to be a total make-again hit! I missed the refried beans, but Hubby didn't. I might rearrange the layers to put the cheese next to the sour cream/cream cheese mixture, but otherwise LOVED IT!!
LOVED IT!! LOVED IT!! LOVED IT!! TRUE! EVen had it for brekkie this morning too! LOVE the combination, colourful like my personality! lol I REALLY enjoyed this recipe! Thanks!
This was fabulous! My guests loved it. Thank you.