Recipe by Hey Jude
We had this for dinner tonight, it was a great meal for the hot weather we're experiencing right now. I found this in Sunset Magazine, August 2005. Serve it with crusty bread.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half
- 12 ounces baby spinach leaves, rinsed and crisped
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon drained jarred capers
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, rinsed, stemmed and cut in half
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Slice crosswise into 1/4-inch thick strips.
- Place spinach in a large, shallow serving bowl. In a small bowl, mix vinegar, 3 T. olive oil, capers and mustard.
- Set a frying pan over high heat. When pan is hot, add remaining tablespoon olive oil and the chicken strips. Stir often until the chicken is no longer pink in the center of the thickest part (cut to test), about 4 minutes. Add onion and garlic and stir until onion begins to soften slightly, about 1 minute. Add vinaigrette and stir until hot, about 30 seconds. Pour over spinach.
- Sprinkle tomatoes on top and mix; add salt and pepper to taste.