Recipe by twissis
Anchovies are a food item that most either love w/a passion or hate w/a passion. I happen to love them & was pleased to find this recipe from the *Best Seafood Recipes* cookbook of the Australian Women's Weekly cookbook series. If you love them as I do, give this a try & *Enjoy* !
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 1⁄2 ounces anchovy fillets (DO NOT DRAIN)
- 10 ounces cream
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in small saucepan.
- Add garlic & cook for 1 minute, but do not brown.
- Add undrained anchovies + cream, bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer & simmer for 5 minutes.
- Blend cornstarch w/water, stir into anchovy mixture & stir constantly over moderate heat till mixture boils & thickens.
- Remove from heat & serve hot w/assorted veggies of your choice
- (The picture I have showed it served w/carrot sticks, broccoli florets & asparagus spears).