Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another fantastic recipe from the Williams-Sonoma Savoring Italy Cookbook. By, Michele Scicolone.
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 8 -10 garlic cloves, very finely chopped
- 12 anchovy fillets
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 8 cups trimmed cut-up vegetables (jersalem artichokes, bell peppers, carrots, green onion, celery, cooked potatoes, roasted onions etc)
- 1 slice of coarse country bread
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the olive oil, garlic and anchovies. Cook, mashing the anchovies with the back of a wooden spoon, until smooth, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the butter.
- Pour the mixture into a warmed chafing dish or fondue pot set over a warming candle candle or spirit lamp. Serve immediately with vegetables for dipping. Pass the bread slices at the table.
Thank you for this recipe This is the one that i have been looking for
this recipe is AMAZING!!! Very easy, and delicious.