Recipe by Southern Lady
Enhanced recipe from another site where I took comments of reviewers to improve. Great on french bread and slightly toased, use with crostini, on bagel or pita chips, party crackers. The recipe received 4-1/2 stars with 50+ reviews. You can make health friendly by using low-fat or fat-free dairy products, recommend a good quality swiss cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 8 ounces swiss cheese, shredded
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon bacon bits (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, mayo, salt, pepper, nutmeg, cayenne if desired until smooth.
- Fold in green onions.
- Transfer into small baking dish, sprinkle 1/2 almonds on top.
- Bake for 8 minutes. remove and stir almonds into mixture.
- Top with remaining almonds and bake an additional 7-8 minutes.
- Sprinkle bacon bits across top if desired.
- Serve while hot.