Prep 4 mins
Cook 2 mins
Much healthier than your typical hot cocoa. This recipe uses maple syrup. A combo of Almond Milk (Almond Drink Base) and a recipe found on http://www.veggieboards.com.
- 1⁄2 cup raw almonds
- 1 1⁄2 cups water (spring water)
- 1 3⁄4 tablespoons maple syrup (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon carob powder
- Blend raw almonds, spring water, and maple syrup in a blender on low speed for 1 minute and 3 minutes at high speed until smooth.
- Strain through a cheese cloth to remove solids.
- Pour alomond milk in a pan and add carob powder though a sieve.
- Whisk until fully combined.
- Heat but do not boil.