Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
My mom made this candy every year since way before I ever thought of being born. Now I make it so I can keep her with me now that she's gone. Takes a little patience but it's worth it.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 lb butter
- 1 1⁄3 cups light corn syrup
- 1 (14 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Combine sugar, butter, corn syrup, and evaporated milk it a large heavy bottomed saucepan.
- Cook and stir on medium heat to firm ball stage.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and nuts.
- Pour into a well buttered 9x13 pan.
- When cool, cut into bite-sized pieces and individually wrap (I use squares of waxed paper and twist the ends.).
- These are also good dipped in chocolate.
I made this for a "cookie exchange" at Christmas. Everyone loved them. Very addictive. Easy to make. Wrapping them is a little time consuming, but worth it.