Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is answer to a recipe request and I'm glad that they requested it. I love greens and this looks like a great new way to eat them.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs dandelion greens or 2 1⁄2 lbs chard leaves or 2 1⁄2 lbs beet leaves or 2 1⁄2 lbs collard greens or 2 1⁄2 lbs escarole
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 -4 tablespoons red wine vinegar or 2 -4 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- Wash and trim the greens.
- Fill a large pot halfway with water and add salt.
- Bring to a boil, add the greens, and let simmer, partially covered for 15-20 minutes, until the greens are tender.
- Drain and cool.
- Place greens in a serving bowl.
- Mix olive oil, vinegar or lemon juice, and salt to taste.
- Toss cooked greens with dressing.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Note: The greens may be stored without dressing in a covered plastic container in the refrigerator for several days and dressed just before serving.
MG, I love greens too, I should have been born in the South. I used fresh escarole and caugt it at the right time because it wasn't to bitter either. And I made some with the vinegar and some with lemon juice, I prefer them both :-) Thanks for an easy, delicious recipe.