Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great, easy way to make steak, especially on the grill. The marinade is simple and flavorful. We easily use this once per month.
- 1 tablespoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 2 teaspoons horseradish
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs boneless beef top sirloin steaks
- In a small bowl, mix together the pepper, salt, horseradish, garlic, and olive oil.
- Place steaks in a shallow dish, and rub the mixture all over the meat.
- Marinate at room temperature for 1-2 hours, or covered in the fridge for longer.
- Turn the meat from time to time to coat evenly.
- Preheat the broiler or grill and cook the steak for about 5 minutes per side, or until done to your liking.
Yum. That's really all I have to say :-). We used a large flat iron steak since that's what we had on hand, & seared it to a medium rare on a hot castiron grillpan & cut thin strips across the grain. It was great--and when this marinade carmalizes on the steak, it gets a wonderful cruncy, spicey, peppery taste to it. I served it with horseradish sauce (just mixed w/ sourcream), roasted kohlrabi, & a fresh green salad. The leftovers made AWESOME flavorful steak melt sandwiches with the leftover horseradish sauce & cheddar.
This was excellent. It was a little on the peppery side for me but my husband LOVED it (& he doesn't normally like extra stuff on his steak). I omitted the oil & used it as a dry rub then cooked it on a foreman grill. I served it with a green salad, 'rice' cauliflower, and spinach with cheese.
This is BY FAR the best steak marinade EVER!<br/>The horseradish definitely takes it waaaayyy over the top!<br/>This will be our 'go to' recipe from now on!<br/>Thanks mplsgirl!