Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Veggie Life.
- 1⁄4 cup plain nonfat yogurt or 1⁄4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated fresh horseradish or 1 tablespoon bottled horseradish
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 8 slices whole grain bread
- 10 1⁄2 ounces lite silken extra firm tofu, thinly sliced
- 1 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts (optional) or 1 cup radish sprouts (optional)
- 4 lettuce leaves (optional)
- Note: Beginners may want to marinate the tofu in their favorite sauce such as Ken's Sundried tomato dressing overnight or use a flavored tofu cutlet in place of the silken. The one I use tastes just like fried chicken.
- Also note I omit the sprouts and use lettuce.
- In bowl mix the first three ingedients. Spread on bread.
- Now on the bread layer the tofu, tomato and sprouts.
- Top with bread.
- For vegan use the vegan mayo.