Recipe by Crafty Lady 13
Red-skinned potatoes smashed and mixed with half-and-half, butter and bottled horseradish. From The Most Decadent Diet Ever cookbook by Devin Alexander, author of The Biggest Loser Cookbook.
Top Review by Noor.Khalid
Delicious! I used a dash of EVOO instead of the butter and added some chopped green onions. The horseradish really waked up the taste of the potatoes. I also used fatfree half-and-half to save even more calories. I will be making this again!
- 1 lb unpeeled red potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 4 large red potatoes)
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 3 tablespoons fat-free half-and-half
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons light butter
- 1 tablespoon bottled horseradish (to taste)
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the potatoes in a medium pot. Add enough cold water to cover the potatoes by 2 inches. Place the pot over high heat and add 1 teaspoon salt. Bring the water to a boil and cook the potatoes, covered until tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Just before the potatoes are cooked, combine the half-and-half, butter, and horseradish in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on low for 1 to 2 minutes, until the butter is melted.
- Drain the potatoes and transfer to a medium mixing bowl. Use a potatoes masher or large fork to smash the slightly. Pour in the half-and-half mixture and continue to mix until the potatoes are smashed, leaving some lumps. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.