Prep 3 hrs
Cook 20 mins
Posting for ZWT6 Scandinavia Region. This is from www.gretchencooks.com A Swedish seafood dish with the bite of horseradish. Preparation Time is for the stand time in the refrigerator.
- 1 lb fresh shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill weed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- Mix shrimp, mayonnaise, horseradish, dill, cayenne, and lemon pepper. Let stand in the refrigerator 3 hours or overnight.
- Serve on toast or crisp bread. Garnish with red onion, lemon, dill, cherry tomatoes or caviar.
Excellent combination of flavours. I made 1/2 a batch, but added the full amount of horseradish. Served on sourdough toast. I used Best Ever Homemade Mayonnaise as the base because it is a great unsweetened mayo. Thanks for posting.
We loved this, a really nice change to the average prawn salad. I used creamed horseradish as the recipe didn't specify creamed or fresh. We did find it a bit too hot and the cayenne overpowered the horseradish so next time will reduce the cayenne slightly. Made for ZWT6.
This made the nicest lunch served with Mother's One-Hour Rolls (Mors Tvebakker) and Rosmarinsmör (Rosemary Butter). I halved the recipe and cut the shrimp into large chunks before mixing into the mayo mixture. The dill and horseradish were a great combo with the cayenne adding just the right heat. I did give it a small squeeze of lemon from the garnish and it brightened up the dish. Thanks for sharing. Made for Scandinavian region of ZWT6.