Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I resurrected an old appetizer recipe today that I hadn't used in several years. I used to make these frequently when we had our back yard barbecues. Well, hubby and friends gave them rave reviews! I guess they are back on the "official barbecue menue" at our house. (I usually double the recipe because they do go fast!) Prep time does not include 2 hour refrigeration time.
- Shell the shrimp, but leave the tail section on.
- Butterfly each one and devein if needed.
- Put 2 or 3 three teaspoons of horseradish (or to taste) in the butterflied section of each shrimp.
- Wrap each shrimp entirely with a strip of bacon and secure with toothpicks.
- Place stuffed, wrapped shrimp on plate and refrigerate for two hours.
- In a small bowl, combine vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice and Old Bay; mix well.
- After shrimp have chilled and flavors have blended, set grill on low heat.
- Place wrapped, stuffed shrimp on grill, turning often to let the bacon cook at the same rate as the shrimp do (about 10-15 minutes total).
- Each time you turn the shrimp, baste them with the Old Bay mixture.
My family preferred the shrimp sans tails so that is how I prepared them. They loved them, actually ended up making them the following weekend as well.
Wow-wow-Wow! So easy to put together-I used x-hot creamy horseradish & double smoked applewood bacon. Will I make this again? You bet I will! As I type this my husband is going on and on and on about how good they were!!! Thankyou so much for posting!
Whoa, the kick from the horseradish really was a hit with my crowd that likes things hot! Another great way with shrimp!