Recipe by Dee514
I resurrected an old appetizer recipe today that I hadn't used in several years. I used to make these frequently when we had our back yard barbecues. Well, hubby and friends gave them rave reviews! I guess they are back on the "official barbecue menue" at our house. (I usually double the recipe because they do go fast!) Prep time does not include 2 hour refrigeration time.
- 10 -12 jumbo shrimp
- 16 ounces hot prepared horseradish
- 1 lb bacon
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄8 cup virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 20 toothpicks
Directions See How It's Made
- Shell the shrimp, but leave the tail section on.
- Butterfly each one and devein if needed.
- Put 2 or 3 three teaspoons of horseradish (or to taste) in the butterflied section of each shrimp.
- Wrap each shrimp entirely with a strip of bacon and secure with toothpicks.
- Place stuffed, wrapped shrimp on plate and refrigerate for two hours.
- In a small bowl, combine vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice and Old Bay; mix well.
- After shrimp have chilled and flavors have blended, set grill on low heat.
- Place wrapped, stuffed shrimp on grill, turning often to let the bacon cook at the same rate as the shrimp do (about 10-15 minutes total).
- Each time you turn the shrimp, baste them with the Old Bay mixture.