Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
This sauce is commonly served in Swedish households with boiled beef and potatoes, but would also be wonderful with roast beef or steak. NOTE: do not cook the sauce any farther once you add the horseradish- it will become bitter!
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 cup cream
- 3 tablespoons horseradish, grated
- salt and white pepper, to taste
- In a small saucepan, melt butter.
- Add the flour, and whisk to combine.
- Whisk in the stock and cream, then cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt and white pepper to taste.
- Remove from the heat, and stir in the horseradish.
- Serve immediately.
Yummy sauce. This was simple to make and very tasty. I served this over Pannbiff Med Lok - Meat Patties With Onions. Thanks Ingrid for sharing. Made for ZWT9.
This was excellent served along side of a nice roast. The flavor was perfect with a little extra horseradish for DH. thanks so much for sharing. Made for ZWT #6 :)
ok lazyme is following me today,lol use her pic ,its amazing ,, make this sauce ,it rocks i used some bacon grease not butter,and holy cats its good zwt9