Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
Impress your friends with this elegant dish. Great served with creamed peas and new potatoes (which I have posted also), fresh bread or rolls.
- 4 -6 lbs beef rib eye roast
- 1⁄3 cup prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon of finely shredded lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon of snipped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Cut inch wide pockets into roast in 3 inch intervals. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, combine the horseradish, lemon peel and lemon juice.
- Mix and reserve 2 tablespoons of the horseradish mixture.
- Stir the butter in the remaining horseradish mixture.
- Next rub the mixture onto the roast and into the pockets.
- Place the meat fat side up on rack in shallow roasting pan.
- Roast on 325°F for 1 1/4 to 2 hours for rare, 2 1/4 hours for medium, 2 1/2 hours for well done.
- Cover with foil and let rest 15 minutes before carving.
- Meanwhile mix the 2 tablespoons of horseradish sauce with the sour cream and parsley; pass with the meat.