Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From a NJ magazine 11/2008, as a Thanksgiving recipe. The heat of the horseradish is tamed by roasting, and the vegetables take on a sweet and savory taste.
- 6 large parsnips, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch coins
- 6 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch coins
- 1⁄2 cup prepared horseradish (jarred)
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix all of the ingredients together and spread evenly on a rimmed baking sheet or roasting pan. Roast until tender, about 30 minutes.
This one took longer to cook than 30 minutes for me. At 30 minutes the sauce was good but after I had to put them back in, it got a little bitter with the horseradish cooking longer. I think next time, I will roast the veggies for a while then add the butter and horseradish to keep the good flavors.