Recipe by daisygrl64
The special of the day is this bountiful snadwich with sourdough bread, a horseradish spread and roast beef. A excellent lunch, or fast dinner sandwich served with cole slaw or simple salad on the side. Land-o-Lakes Cookbook.
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 12 slices roast beef
- 8 slices ripe tomatoes
- 12 slices cucumbers
Directions See How It's Made
- in small bowl stir together all spread ingredients.
- in another bowl stir together butter and garlic.
- spread 1 side of each slice bread with garlic butter.
- place on cookie sheet.
- broil 5 to 6" from heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until bread is toasted.
- to assemble each sandwich, layer 1 slice bread with 3 slices roast beef, 2 slices tomato and 3 slices cucumber.
- spoon about 2 tablespoons spread over cucumbers, top with 1 slice bread.