Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 3 lbs new potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh horseradish
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 lb unsalted butter
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- 4 tablespoons flat-leaf Italian parsley, coarsely chopped
- Boil potatoes in salted water until easily pierced with a knife.
- Drain and pass through a food mill or ricer.
- Add remaining ingredients; combine well.
- Keep warm until ready to serve with meat and other vegetables.
We enjoyed these potatoes! I did use prepared horseradish as that is what I had in the fridge and freshly grated nutmeg. Loved the zip from the horseradish!
I made this using prepared horseradish but followed the rest of the recipe. We had it with barbequed steak - yummy!
I made this for supper tonight with smoked salmon and steamed broccoli. I used buttermilk in place of the butter and milk and used prepared horseradish instead of fresh. Turned out great. Will be making this again. Thanks for sharing.