Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are an awesome partner to roast beef or a juicy steak!
- 6 medium yukon gold potatoes or 6 medium baking potatoes, peeled & quartered
- 1 cup milk (low fat is OK)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons creamy style horseradish
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Boil potatoes for 15- 20 minutes or until tender; drain well.
- Heat milk, butter& horseradish in small pot until butter melts.
- Mash potatoes, stir in hot milk mixture and season to taste.
Really a great way to add a special flavor to potatoes - I can see where these will be just right with mt nexy rare roast of beef or along with a steak - baked potayoes eat your heart out. MMmmmmm Thanks Country Lady for a simple, special recipe
These were great! I couldnt add quite as much horseradish because the boys have wimpy tastebuds. I also added a small bulb of roasted garlic. Will do these again!
These mashed potatoes were wonderful; I made them for my godfather when he came for dinner,and he along with the rest of my family commented on that special flavor that they had. I added a little sour cream to mine; thank you for sharing a recipe that is now apart of future family dinners.