Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This came from Cooking Light magazine. It goes great with short ribs or steak.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs baking potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- 3⁄4 cup warm 1% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan; cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until very tneder.
- Combine potatoes, milk and remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mash with a potato masher.
Not the same boring mashed potatoes! Just that simple addition of the horseradish really makes this mashed potatoes special. I used closer to 2 tbsp of horseradish and the flavor was pleasant, but not overpowering at all. The kids were fine with it. Thanx for sharing!
This ROCKED! Thanks so much! DH and I loved this. Thanks for sharing.
We have mashed potatoes at leas two times a week. This were simple to make and had a great flavor.