Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 2 lbs potatoes
- 4 tablespoons prepared horseradish (or to taste)
- 4 tablespoons cream
- 7 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- Peel and roughly chop the potatoes.
- Rinse the horseradish to remove the vinegar taste.
- Boil in lightly salted water until tender.
- Drain well, rice or mash, and add remaining ingredients with salt and pepper to taste.
These were yummy! It's amazing how the addition of the horseradish transformed ordianry mashed potatoes. It gave them a different and interesting flavour. This one will be back on the menu within the week I think.
These were great mashed potatoes and I added some chopped chives! Will definitely be making these again!!!!
This was really tasty. I wasn't quite sure if the recipe meant to put the horseradish in with the potatoes while they cooked but that's the way I did it. I didnt' rinse the horseradish first either. I think I'd add a Tbsp extra along with the butter and cream (I also used milk instead) next time.