Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
I haven't made this yet but my sister buys a horseradish hummus from Trader Joe's that she loves. I figured I could find a recipe and I did. So I'm posting here for when I get around to making it. Cooking time is really refrigeration time. I'm guessing on the number of servings as I haven't made this yet. Recipe from 28cooks.com
- 15 1⁄2 ounces garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed (1 can)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 tablespoons horseradish (freshly ground or jarred)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until well combined.
- Chill in refrigerator for an hour or two to allow flavors to get friendly.
- Serve and enjoy!
Good flavor, improved as it sat. I usually buy my horseradish hummus at a Lebanese bakery, now I won't have to anymore. Mellows out nicely overnight.