Recipe by Chuck in Killbuck
A simple recipe for plain ol' Homemade Horseradish. I make a lot at once and I put mine in the fridge for 3-4 days then transfer all but one to the freezer. Note: Prep Time and Servings depends on the amount of Horseradish you have and want to make. I also recommend you make this outdoors or in a well ventilated area.
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut roots into manageable pieces.
- Scrape the outside of the horseradish roots until clean.
- Drop into cold water after scaping to prevent discoloration.
- Drain and grind up fine with a handgrinder, food processor or in a blender with a little vinegar.
- Spoon into clean jars, filling to about 2/3 full.
- Add 1 tsp of salt to each jar, then fill with white vinegar.
- Cover and refrigerate for a few days before using.