Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Deviled eggs with a little extra kick.
- 6 hard-cooked eggs
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash paprika
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; set whites aside.
- In a bowl, mash the yolks. add mayonnaise, horseradish, dill, mustard, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Pipe or spoon into egg whites. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Refrigerate until serving.
Yummy deviled eggs. I found this recipe in the February/March 2002 edition of Taste of Home. I usually eyeball the mayo and just add until the texture looks right, but I would do that with any deviled egg recipe. I also omitted the pepper. I did do the paprika sprinkle because they were for others and I wanted them to look nice, but if I was just making them for our family I would have skipped that part as it doesn't really add anything to the flavor. The original recipe states 1-2 Tablespoons horseradish and I did use 2 Tablespoons, but we like that flavor. You should adjust accordingly.