Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A lovely way to cook salmon. Simple, easy and quick. Garnish with fresh chopped dill for an elegant presentation. Recipe may be doubled.
- 2 tablespoons honey dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 (6 ounce) skinless salmon fillet, about 1 inch thick
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- Preheat broiler.
- Whisk mustard and horseradish to gether.
- Heat oil in a medium oven proof skillet over medium high heat.
- Add salmon and cook until begining to brown, about 2 minutes per side.
- Spread mustard mixture over salmon and broil until mustard mixture begins to brown and salmon is cooked through, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer to serving plate.
- Add lemon juice and butter to skillet and whisk until butter is melted, season and spoon over salmon.
We really liked this! I think we expected it to be really overpowering but it was not. It turned out to be "punchy" but not overdone. Make it just as written and you will love it too! THans Lorac...
I made this last night and it was great! VERY easy! The only thing I did differently was grill it instead of broil! I wrapped it in some alum foil, set it on the grill, and it was done in about 8 minutes!
This was very good but a little too mustardy. Next time I will cut back the amount of mustard and increase the amount of horseradish so that it has more of a horseradish flavor.