Recipe by gingersnap
This was a recipe that was given to me by my sister but I made some modifications. If you like your slaw tangy with a bit of a bite, and a little bit sweet, this recipe is for you.
- 2 (16 ounce) bags coleslaw mix (don't use dressing they provide)
- 1⁄2 cup scallion
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 fresh lemon
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons horseradish
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon stone ground mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- In small bowl, pour lemon juice over apples.
- In another bowl, combine slaw mix with green onions.
- Toss these together.
- In a separate bowl, combine vinegar, sugar salt and pepper. Make sure sugar is dissolved.
- Pour vinegar mixture over apples and cabbage mixture, cover and refrigerate for 30 minute.
- In another bowl, combine, mayo, sour cream, horseradish and mustard.
- After 30 minutes, toss with cabbage mixture.
- Refrigerate before serving.