Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 6 lbs chicken pieces
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄3 cup prepared horseradish
- salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a non aluminum sauce pan and bring just to a boil.
- Lower heat immediately and simmer 15 minutes.
- Lightly brush on barbecue sauce.
- Do no let chicken burn.
The serving size and nutritional information is clearly wrong. The recipe calls for 6 lbs of chicken pieces yet lists as making only a single serving! This is why the nutritional info greatly overstates the calories, fat, chloresterol and sodium.
I made this sauce for Easy and Tasty BBQ Chicken Sandwiches #95569. Dh loved it! I think he was expecting a sweeter taste, but he enjoyed the heat and tang from this recipe. Thanks!
Okay, this is how I did this. I combined all except the chicken and simmered it for 15 minutes. The chicken I grilled then brushed the sauce on for the last 5 or 10 minutes of cooking. Very spicy sauce with a nice bite. Not for spice wimps.