Recipe by PollyB
This is Not just another chicken recipe.
Top Review by Evie*
Sweet and tasty. I scaled this recipe for 2 servings, it doesnt say in the directions when to add the thyme or parsley, I added the thyme at step 6 and garnished with the parsley. After the first stage of baking the breasts had quite a bit of liquid, I drained that before continuing. Thanks for posting. =)
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons horseradish
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped fine
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a pastry brush, baste each piece of chicken with the oil.
- Place the chicken in a greased 9X13 baking dish.
- Spread 1/2 tablespoon horseradish on the top of each breast.
- Bake, covered for about 30 minutes.
- While the chicken is baking combine the onion powder, horseradish, wine and apricot preserves in a bowl.
- Mix well.
- After 30 minutes, pour the wine sauce mixture over the chicken and bake, uncovered, another 20 to 30 minutes, until chicken is tender.
- Baste the chicken with the sauce every 10 minutes.
- To serve, place the chicken on a platter and pour the sauce over the top.