Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is Not just another chicken recipe.
Make and share this Horseradish Baked Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a pastry brush, baste each piece of chicken with the oil.
- Place the chicken in a greased 9X13 baking dish.
- Spread 1/2 tablespoon horseradish on the top of each breast.
- Bake, covered for about 30 minutes.
- While the chicken is baking combine the onion powder, horseradish, wine and apricot preserves in a bowl.
- Mix well.
- After 30 minutes, pour the wine sauce mixture over the chicken and bake, uncovered, another 20 to 30 minutes, until chicken is tender.
- Baste the chicken with the sauce every 10 minutes.
- To serve, place the chicken on a platter and pour the sauce over the top.
Sweet and tasty. I scaled this recipe for 2 servings, it doesnt say in the directions when to add the thyme or parsley, I added the thyme at step 6 and garnished with the parsley. After the first stage of baking the breasts had quite a bit of liquid, I drained that before continuing. Thanks for posting. =)
This recipe looked so different I just had to try it and I was not disappointed. The horseradish and apricot are marvellous together. I used homemade apricot freezer jam that has next to no sugar in it. Easy, great tasting and a lovely presentation Thanks PollyB for a keeper
Good, different recipe for those who like horseradsih. My husband wasn't thrilled about it, biut it was fine by me. I served it with steamed broccoli and pasta tossed with a little cream on the side.