1/1 Photo of Horseradish and Smoked Gouda Mashed Potatoes (Aka Van's Favorit
I got tired (but still love them) of Garlic Mashed Potatoes and wanted to try something new, this is what I came up with. Please keep in mind I am a chef who cook's by feel and taste so all measurements are subjective (guess that's why I don't bake much). Use your math and this recipe can be reduced or multiplied easily. Peel on or peel off? Up to you.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 lbs potatoes, cubed, use spuds with a high moisture content (or add extra moisture using cream or butter, if you must use some potato "broth")
- 1 lb smoked gouda cheese, shredded
- 5 tablespoons prepared horseradish or 3 tablespoons fresh grated horseradish
- 1/4 lb butter, cut into small bits
- 1 cup half-and-half
- salt and pepper, I let my family and guests do this for themselves
- 1Boil potatoes until tender, drain (DO NOT rinse), return to pot and place over LOW heat.
- 2Add half and half and start mashing.
- 3Add Smoked Gouda, keep mashing.
- 4Add horseradish, keep mashing.
- 5Add butter and stir a bit.
- 6Serve, the bits of butter should still be melting.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Horseradish and Smoked Gouda Mashed Potatoes (Aka Van's Favorit
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.9
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 53.1 mg
- Sodium 302.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 10.5 g