Recipe by hipQuest
I got tired (but still love them) of Garlic Mashed Potatoes and wanted to try something new, this is what I came up with. Please keep in mind I am a chef who cook's by feel and taste so all measurements are subjective (guess that's why I don't bake much). Use your math and this recipe can be reduced or multiplied easily. Peel on or peel off? Up to you.
Top Review by Boomette
I did only half the recipe. We got enough for 4 and we have leftovers. I used store-bough horseradish. And around 1-2 tablespoon of unsalted butter. I used Yukon Gold Potatoes. They are yummy. Thanks HipQuest. Made for Alphabet chef game.
- 5 lbs potatoes, cubed, use spuds with a high moisture content (or add extra moisture using cream or butter, if you must use some potato "broth")
- 1 lb smoked gouda cheese, shredded
- 5 tablespoons prepared horseradish or 3 tablespoons fresh grated horseradish
- 1⁄4 lb butter, cut into small bits
- 1 cup half-and-half
- salt and pepper, I let my family and guests do this for themselves
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potatoes until tender, drain (DO NOT rinse), return to pot and place over LOW heat.
- Add half and half and start mashing.
- Add Smoked Gouda, keep mashing.
- Add horseradish, keep mashing.
- Add butter and stir a bit.
- Serve, the bits of butter should still be melting.