Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry - A fast and delicious chilled shrimp salad for an open-faced sandwich, or on it's own with some peppery watercress. This is perfect for a fresh afternoon lunch or a classy hors d'oeuvre. This is one of my favorite recipes to entertain with because it's simple, fast, and packs a powerful flavor punch.
- 1 lb cooked shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 0.5 (1/2 ounce) packet Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup finely grated fresh horseradish or 1⁄4 cup prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons finely sliced chives
- salt and pepper
- 8 slices dark rye (optional) or 8 slices pumpernickel bread (optional)
- 1 cup watercress, loosely packed (optional)
- Remove any remaining shell from the shrimp and give them a rough chop. Set aside, chilled.
- In a large bowl whisk together the Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Seasoning Mix, mayonnaise, greek yogurt, lemon juice, fresh horseradish or prepared horseradish, and chives.
- Fold the shrimp into the mixture and season to taste with salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Serve chilled on it's own or with dark rye slices and watercress for an outstanding American take on a Danish open-faced sandwich.
This was really very good! The tang of the horseradish was delightful. For some reason, I had an excess amount of dressing so I added some pasta for a delicious pasta salad.