- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup water (may substitute milk, buttermilk, or juice)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 2 carrots, coarsely grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spray 9 muffin cups with no-stick cooking spray.
- Combine oatmeal, applesauce, and water. Stir to combine.
- Add flour through allspice. Stir until just combined.
- Stir in carrots.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes. (This time depends on your oven--check after 15 minutes.).