Recipe by Akikobay
These are drop cookies for horses in response to a request. Yield is approximate. Not for human consumption...
- 1 cup sweet livestock corn oats and barley feed mix (wet)
- 2 -3 cups wheat bran (dry)
- 1 cup flax seed
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 5 large apples, grated (leave the skins)
- 1 cup molasses (blackstrap)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup applesauce
- corn oil, for pans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Prepare cookie sheets by lining with foil and spraying or brushing with corn oil.
- Mix ingredients starting with the lesser amount of bran.
- Add bran as necessary to make a stiff dough.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto prepared sheets.
- Flatten with oil-dipped glass or fork.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, turn over and continue baking for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Watch carefully.
- If they brown too quickly, reduce heat to 250 degrees.
- Cool completely, store in airtight containers.