They serve this at Amish Spring Break, right after the "Wet Hat Contest"
Make and share this Horse & Buggy Wet Bottom Shoo-Fly Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Mix together the flour, brown sugar and shortening.
- Set aside ½ cup of this mixture for the topping.
- Add to the remaining mixture the egg, molasses, boiling water and baking soda.
- Spread this mixture into the un-baked pie shell.
- Spread the ½ cup of crumb topping over the pie.
- Bake at 375°F for 10 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350°F and bake for 30 minutes or until firm.
This is a great! I had trouble finding a wet bottom shoo-fly pie recipe and was pleasantly surprised to find this one and that it was so easy to make!
thought it was absolutely the best. thanks
Very easy to make and loved that it was lower fat than some other recipes. Just too much molasses flavor for my personal taste.