Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Based on a recipe from a can of Hormel Tamales Beef in Chili Sauce. This is not a battle I can win with DH so I’m joining! Lol! It really is good and qualifies as quick comfort food! We always use Hormel Chili No Beans. The default directions are for the oven; microwave directions included! Olé!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a 9x13-inch baking pan, spray non-stick spray and then spread chili.
- Open can of beef tamales and remove paper from each tamale as you place on top of the chili.
- Sprinkle with onion and cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes or until hot.
- MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS:.
- Spread chili in 2-quart casserole.
- Top with tamales; sprinkle with onion.
- Microwave on HIGH 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese over casserole and microwave 3 minutes more or until hot.
- Cover and allow to stand 3 minutes.
My mom used to make this as do I...simple,uncomplecated with plenty of mexican flavor. If you need a quick recipe to put together for a mexican craving,this is it