Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the book Healthy Mediterranean Cooking by Rena Salaman
- 2 tomatoes, 5 ounces each
- 1 medium red onion, quartered
- 1⁄2 green sweet pepper, deseeded and sliced thinly
- 1⁄4 cucumber, thinly sliced (small piece)
- 6 -8 black olives
- 4 ounces Greek feta cheese, quartered and sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- Slice tomatoes in half then each half into thick wedges.
- Slice each onion quarter thinly.
- Place the first 5 ingredients into a bowl, along with 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons of the olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper and gently toss to mix everything and coating with the oil.
- Place the slices of feta on top of the salad, drizzle the reserved 1 teaspoon olive oil over the cheese and sprinkle the oregano over all.
Yum! This is delicious! The combo of veggies is flavorful and colorful. We really enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing! ZWT9