Recipe by Little Italy
THIS IS AWESOME! And vegetarian safe, if you omit the cheese.
Top Review by *Parsley*
Tasty, colorful and so fresh-tasting! I made no changes to the recipe other than layering the ingredients for presentation. This is a great way to use the fresh summer produce with a greek flair. Thanx for sharing!
- 3 large firm tomatoes
- 1 large red onion, peeled, halved, and thinly sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/8-inch rounds
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and cut into rings
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 5 tablespoons kalamata olives
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄3 lb feta cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and dry all ingredients. Cut the tomatoes in half, core them and cut each piece into 3rds.
- Toss the tomatoes with the sliced onions, cucumber, olives, and peppers.
- Sprinkle in the oregano, salt and olive oil, and lastly stir in the feta cheese. Serve at room temperature.