1/1 Photo of Horchata Rice Pudding (Vegan)
Chef Joey Z.'s Note:
This is actually my version of the rice pudding you get in an East Indian Restaurant. I love that stuff but it's always made with dairy, so I came up with a Vegan recipe that I can enjoy anytime.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 quart horchata (I used Rice Dream brand)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (I used So Delicious, the original kind)
- 1/3 cup white long grain rice (I used Lundburgs Organic)
- 2 tablespoons raw cane sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup golden raisin
- 1/4 cup coffee creamer (I used coconut creamer)
- 1In a heavy saucepan, bring the Hochata to a boil.
- 2Add the rice, cardamom powder, raisins and 1/2 the sliced almonds.
- 3Bring to a boil and reduce to medium low and boil until the mixture becomes thick and creamy. Keep an eye on it and stir occasionally.
- 4Add the sugar and cook another 5 minutes.
- 5Put the rice mixture into a serving bowl and add the creamer and give it a good mix. Add more raisins if you like.
- 6Sprinkle the top with the other portion of slivered almonds. Put into the fridge to get cold.
- 7Bon Appetit!
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Horchata Rice Pudding (Vegan)
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 212.5
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 9.9 mg
- Sodium 17.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 13.1 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: