Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A refreshing South of the Border thirst quencher posted in response to a recipe request. From the Houston Chronicle. Chilling time not included in the prep time. Yield depends on quantity of melon used.
- 1 cantaloupe, skinned and chopped into a large measuring cup (seeds and juice included)
For every cup of pulp add
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar (or to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh lime juice (or to taste)
- Place all ingredients in a blender and whirl until very smooth.
- Refrigerate for at least 1/2 hour (and up to 8 hours).
- When ready to serve, strain through a fine sieve and serve over ice cubes.
This is a DELICIOUS drink! I had to use sweetmelon as a substitute for the cantaloupe since I couldn't get a cantaloupe here when I went shopping .I served this wonderful and simple beverage at Iftaar(breaking of the Ramadan fast) today and it was loved by everybody! The measurements stated here made 6 cups for me and not 1-2 cups as has been mentioned in the recipe. Thank you indeed VERY VERY MUCH for a simple, refreshing, healthy and wonderful sherbet that I am going to be making alot from now on!