Prep 12 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Posted in response to a recipe request from a recipe in the Houston Chronicle.
Make and share this Horchata De Almendra recipe from Food.com.
- 2⁄3 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 1⁄4 cups blanched almonds
- 1 (3 inch) cinnamon sticks
- 2 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 1 cup sugar (or to taste)
- 2 cups cold water or 2 cups milk
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients.
- Cool, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- Pour mixture into a blender, add sugar and whirl on high several minutes until as smooth as possible.
- Strain through a fine sieve or a sieve lined with cheesecloth, pressing on solids until only a semi dry pulp remains.
- Pour liquid into a pitcher and add cold water or milk.
- Taste and sweeten with more sugar if necessary.
- Serve over ice.