Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Top these unique cupcakes with Horchata Frosting ***NOTE: In the list of ingredients, I had to list the Horchata as "rice milk" since recipezaar does not recognize horchata as a valid ingredient.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sweet rice milk (horchata)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 large egg whites
- beat together the sugar and the butter until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- sift flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon together.
- mix the horchata and vanilla together.
- add the flour mixture and horchata mixture to the butter/sugar in 3 parts alternating between flour and horchata and beating well after each addition.
- in a clean mixer bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- fold egg whites into cake batter until incorporated.
- scoop batter into the prepared cupcake pans.
- bake in the 350 degree oven for approximately 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
I made this cake and took it to bible study for our taco night a perfect treat to go with our awesome meal and I was told by several people it was the best cake they have ever had. Even the people who didn't like cake, crazy I know lol even they had to try horchata cupcakes and they loved it. I made a horchata flavored frosting with it and it really was amazing. I love this recipe.
these have to be one of my favorite cupcake flavor. if you love to drink horchata you are gonna love these cupcakes!!!