Recipe by barefootmommawv
This dish is best if the bell pepper and onion still have a crunch to them.
- 2 cups black-eyed peas, cooked
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- garlic powder
- fresh parsley
- paula deen's house seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the black-eyed peas in a medium skillet with butter.
- Add onion, bell pepper and garlic to pan first; add peas & rice a few minutes later.
- Cook for an additional 10 to 15 minutes. Add house seasoning, chopped parsley and more butter to taste. Do not overcook.
- Garnish serving with sprig of parsley.