Recipe by little_wing
Quick recipe I came up with to use some black eyed peas. We thought it was quite tasty and it's healthy and diet friendly, too!
Top Review by julie2848
This was easy and very good. My hubby loved it. I substituted some chopped, leftover ham for the sausage, and used Rotel tomatoes instead of the regular tomatoes and hot sauce. Yummy!
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup celery, sliced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 12 ounces smoked turkey sausage, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce