1/5 Photos of Hoppin' John Soup
Seasoned Cook's Note:
A popular soup in our family! A southern dish using sausage and black-eyed peas. This is a version from Southern Living Magazine. All you need is cornbread to make this dish complete!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook sausage, drain and crumble.
- 2Place sausage in a large saucepan along with all other ingredients EXCEPT black-eyed peas.
- 3Bring to a boil and let simmer about 25 minutes until rice is done.
- 4Add drained peas and cook 15 more minutes.
- 5Serve with your favorite cornbread. Warmed leftovers are delicious!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hoppin' John Soup
Serving Size: 1 (461 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 385.6
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 43.8 mg
- Sodium 1380.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 14.6 g